Novus Orbis Librarium HQ
Please Log-in now

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Novus Orbis Librarium HQ
Please Log-in now
Novus Orbis Librarium HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flight of the Black Dragon

3 posters

Go down

Flight of the Black Dragon Empty Flight of the Black Dragon

Post  Haz@rd Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am

This is my SDD GP build, with which I've been relatively successful. Not terribly comfortable with the line-up despite the positive results, so feedback is welcome!

Grade 0:
Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer
Elixer Sommelier - 4 H
Falcon Knight of the Azure Sky - 2 D
Weapons Dealer, Gwydion - 4 D
Flame of Victory - 2 C
Silent Punisher - 4 C

Grade 1:
Slegal Dagger - 4
Halo Shield, Mark - 3
Jet Black Vanguard, Vortimer - 4
Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth - 4

Grade 2:
Knight of the Black Dragon, Vortimer - 4
Mage of Disaster, Trip - 3
Sacred Bow, Vivian - 4

Grade 3:
Sacred Mage, Manaidan - 3
Spectral Duke Dragon - 4

The general idea is to put as much pressure on your opponent as possible using on-hit skills that allow me to use SDD's limit break more easily. SDD's limit break isn't so much an endgame as it is a basic play in the deck. As expensive as the cost is, the threat of taking 4 or 5 damage in one turn is greater and forces the opponent to use up just as many cards, if not more, to guard. Of course the opponent doesn't have to guard every attack, but with every attack, the deck gains some advantage, whether it's an extra unit or unflipped damage. Of course, I could be over-looking some major flaw, so please let me know what you think!!

Last edited by Haz@rd on Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haz@rd
Haz@rd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Flight of the Black Dragon Empty Reply

Post  Datenshi Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 am

I would atleast put 3 of a card ya know wat i mean?

Datenshi

Back to top Go down

Flight of the Black Dragon Empty Re: Flight of the Black Dragon

Post  Haz@rd Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Depends on what the card is, I suppose.
Haz@rd
Haz@rd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Flight of the Black Dragon Empty Reply

Post  Datenshi Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 am

Well GP isnt really my kind of deck and whelp is kinda useless when its pulled down.This is like a partial SP/RP deck cuz it retires rg to stand.

Datenshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Haz@rd Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Took out the valkyries for Vivian and Sleygal, less on-call swarming, but more pressure from Vivian and sleygal puts SDD and Manaidan at magic numbers with his boost.
Haz@rd
Haz@rd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Flight of the Black Dragon Empty Trigger

Post  Datenshi Thu May 24, 2012 6:38 am

First time i saw a trigger pattern maybe ill use it maybe not.

Datenshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Una Wed May 30, 2012 1:03 am

Well, the starter is right, but falcon is really useful when it comes to Sdd, you want lots of draws in your hand for feeder, and falcon also provides power when superior called. i see why not you should decrease it to just 2. I'd stick with a 6 crit, 4 heal, 6 draws.

Also, you want more cards that can summon and then add more power onto SDD for his second attack, if u choose to lb. I suggest going with blessing owls instead of sleygal daggar.

for your g2, i think 4 vivians are too much. Why not try using 2 vivians and 2 valkyries? or maybe have 12 g2s instead of 11.

for G3: I rather recommend silver wolf rather than mage. Silver wolf can call on rears from your deck, which is exactly what an sdd swarm should do. It also helps, for when you don't have Sdd. Trip covers the cbs, so you just need to focus of swarming and hand advantages for an SDD deck.

I'd rather go with a 17 14 12 7 for an sdd deck build
Una
Una
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haz@rd Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:37 am

The problem with owl is that the +2k boost only really helps to overcome cross-rides, unless multiple owls are called in a single turn (two at least if I have knight in soul). Sleygal Dagger is in here primarily for that first attack with sdd, or else to push manawydin to 21k with its cb, and the base power of 7k pushes my 9k grade 2's to 16k, forcing 10k to block (which is why Vivian is at 4, not only do they have to drop 10k to block, but they have to do this consistently or allow me to superior call or unflip damage). This build is designed primarily for the English format since I intend to build this deck in July. I realize that the 9k grade 2's may not be able to hit on their own, but due to the nature of this deck, there are rarely instances where a unit will attack unboosted.

As for Garmore, his cost is too high for me to comfortably run him alongside SDD, and if I'm in a situation where I can use his cb, it means that I've misrode, and I also lose the ability to swing for 20k from rc.
Haz@rd
Haz@rd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down